When you choose grassfed products, you are choosing products that are:
• Better for the animals…eating (in the pasture) what nature intended
• Better for the environment…harmony between the land & the animals
• Better for farmers/ranchers…living & working in a healthy sustainable atmosphere
• Better food…grassfed foods are lower in saturated fats & higher in essential nutrients
• Better for you…nutritious grassfed foods support better overall health
Our Longhorns are grassfed on open pasture their entire lives.
No Antibiotics. No Chemicals. No Hormones
Benefits of Grassfed products
Products from grassfed animals include beef, bison, lamb, pork, poultry, eggs and dairy products. A variety of research shows that meat, dairy products, poultry and eggs from animals fed grass diets, rather than grain based diets, are higher in beta carotene (Vitamin A), conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), and Omega-3 fatty acids. Initial research has shown all of these elements to be crucial in reducing cholesterol, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure and other life threatening diseases. Research also shows grassfed products to be lower in fat and cholesterol and less likely to contain harmful E.coli bacteria.